Delhi is known for its various educational institutions that have been known to offer the best quality education. Here is the list of the top 20 best schools in New Delhi.
1. DPS, RK Puram, Delhi, NewDelhi
Where- Kaifi Azmi Marg, KD Colony, Sector 12, Rama Krishna Puram, New Delhi, Delhi 110022
Principal- Ms.Padma Srinivasan
Contact No- 011-49116600
The school has a serene and beautiful campus spread across acres. The campus comes under the DPS Society which manages it efficiently and ensures efficiency in administration. The school houses a sports complex and many facilities like smart classrooms, various laboratories and hostels. The campus also has a cafeteria where students share meals and relax with like-minded people. A school is a good place for new friendships and camaraderie with a nice ambience.
- The Institute aspires to hold on to its core values like education for all and holistic development of students. It nurtures and provides every child with a value-based education along with co-curricular for all-round development.
- The school organizes various inter-school and national level competitions for the interaction of students at other levels rather than academics only.
- Often student exchange programs are organized at the international level to help exchange ideas between diverse groups of students.
- The school boasts about different clubs and societies that are its other attractive features and special programs like- international yoga day, community outreach programs, social work, world environment day awareness programs etc.
2. Modern School, Barakhamba Road, Delhi, New Delhi
Where– Barakhamba Rd, Todermal Road Area, Mandi House, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Principal- Dr.Vijay Datta
Contact No- 011-23311618/19/20
The school has a spacious campus at a beautiful setting in the heart of Delhi. The aim of education to provide a holistic development of students is the main aim of the school. Proper care is given to the fact that the teacher-student ratio is well maintained so that personal attention is provided to students. The school has well-ventilated classrooms, with the campus spanning across 11 acres.
- The institute provides the facility of a hostel where students can feel at home away from their home.
- The hostel takes care of the health and recreation of students, many activities and sports are organised inside the hostel for students to indulge in actively.
- Private study rooms are also set up for students along with co-curricular activities to build strong camaraderie and relationships.
- Co-curricular are well integrated with the curriculum of the school.
- Various sports like badminton, squash, swimming, table tennis are entertained at school along with many cultural events.
3. Mirambika, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- Sri Aurobindo Marg, Opp IIT Building, New Delhi, Delhi 110016
Affiliation– National Institute of Open Schooling
Principal- Mr. Ajit Sabnis
Contact No- 8920675223.
Mirambika school is an integrated value-based education system school, with no graded classrooms like other schools. The school is situated inside the Shri Aurobindo Ashram in New Delhi. The institute was established in 1981 with the central idea of Aurobindo and the mother. The infrastructure is adapted to the idea of Mother with twelve petals and a centre signifying Aditi i.e flame of fire.
- The school is open for children of age groups 4-15 years of age. The curriculum is flexible and it evolves as the child progresses in different classes.
- The young students are adaptable to study in groups named after different colours like red, green, blue, yellow, orange.
- It’s an integrated system as it focuses on the total development of students. Project development is the main highlight of the teaching exercise here.
- A single project is taken up and is taught in different ways that help build the intellect of the child along with the practical knowledge related to that topic. It involves experiments, real-time learning and outside of the classroom teaching.
- The school has classes till class 10th and the students take exams conducted by the national institute of open schooling.
- Apart from classroom learning students also take part in different outdoor and indoor games, drama, dance, music, art and craft model making are also part of the curriculum.
4. Modern School, Vasant Vihar Delhi, New Delhi
Where- Vasant Vihar Poorvi Marg, Block F, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110057
Principal- Ms.Meenakshi Sinha
Contact No- 011-26144388
Modern School Vasant Vihar is the best private co-education school in New Delhi. The school is affiliated to CBSE board. The institute has a vast expanse with exquisite infrastructure that’s a treat for the eyes. The school has several blocks equipped with multiple facilities like- Primary zone, kids area, Middle school building, sports complex etc. It is one of the top 20 best schools in New Delhi
- The school campus has facilities of career counselling and personality development classes for the all-round development of the child.
- The campus also organizes several competitions like- quizzes, debates, technology-oriented contests focusing on science and computer-related competitions.
- The school also has national cadet corps training organized with a personal coach to train the students for strength-building exercises.
- The institute organizes young leaders conclave to encourage leadership building exercises amongst students and enhance their inner leaders.
- The school believes in the idea of inclusive education that believes in equality of all students and a right to education for all. Students with diverse backgrounds are seen mingling with each other without any discrimination.
5. Bal Bharati School, GRH, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Marg, Old Rajinder Nagar, Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110060
Principal- Mr. L.V. Sehgal
Contact No- 011 – 2578 6897
The school has an excellent campus with world-class infrastructure that provides a safe and conducive environment for learning. The teaching is made stressfree and effective by the teachers who pay personal attention to students and focus on their weak areas. The school offers various facilities like- smart classroom, audio-video lectures in the age of digital India, various laboratories like computer lab, maths lab, science labs to help students practically learn concepts rather than focusing theoretical learning only.
- The campus has completed its 75 years and houses a spectacular sports complex for various indoor and outdoor games.
- The school has various societies and clubs that take care of the extracurricular activities of students along with academics.
- Unlike other schools, Bal Bharti has a tuck shop that provides only healthy food instead of selling junk on the campus.
- The campus has smart classrooms, computing labs, air-conditioned science laboratories.
- The school organizes various interschool and national level competitions that involve the active participation of all the students.
6. St. Thomas School, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- St. Thomas Church, Mandir Marg, Harijan Basti, Gole Market, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Principal- Ms. Anuradha Amos
St. Thomas school was founded in 1930 by Miss. Helen Jerwood as Diocesan school with the idea of progressive education in the most effective and forward-looking way. The school has a beautiful campus spread across acres. The institute highlights the idea of community building and welfare of others by emphasizing the significance of well built human relationships based upon tolerance, care, sensitivity and camaraderie. The school has a calm and composed ambience for studying of the students with diverse ideas shaping its policies and helping it move forward with the developing society.
- The campus has a unique programme called Hunar that emphasizes the holistic development of students through co-curricular activities. The sports included in this programme and student made and customized for them that encourages them to embrace a hobby fully and passionately.
- The school organizes various inter-school competitions that help in building the cognitive, social and economic outlook of a child.
- The institute also has socially useful project work as a part of its curriculum that deals with various activities which are socially intertwined with the society like community outreach, cookery classes and healthy environmental practices.
7. Montfort Senior Secondary School, New Delhi
Where- Ashok Vihar Phase 1 Rd, Police Colony, Pocket J, Phase 1, Ashok Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110052
Principal- Mr. Thampy Alex
Contact No- 011-27130841
The school has a stunning campus which is well-equipped with multipurpose facilities like academic blocks, students wing, lush green gardens, sports field, library, cafeteria, auditoriums, amphitheatres and many others.
- The campus has an excellent transport facility that manages the pickup and drop of students safely.
- The school indulges in various co-curricular activities and important life skills like sports, music, dance, oratory skills, interactive sessions.
- The students are given the option of getting guidance from best-trained coaches for every sport they like for example- basketball, swimming, badminton etc
- The children are free to choose from a pool of extracurricular and sports that are provided at school.
8. Amity International School, Saket, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- Road No:44 Saket M Block, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
Principal- Mrs. Divya Bhatia
Contact No- 01140738400
Amity International School is one of the most reputed private co-educational school in Delhi. The school has a well-equipped campus in Delhi with various facilities like state of the art classrooms, 24*7 CCTV surveillance to maintain a high standard of security. There are cameras installed in all the loobies of the school with a fire alarm setting in place. The school offers a great place for learning and overall development of the students through inclusive education and counselling and on-campus counsellors.
- The campus provides a hostel facility for boys and girls separately and professional laundry services.
- The students are under the continuous watch of the expert wardens and counsellors for ready help and assistance when the students need it.
- The school is equipped with high-speed wi-fi internet services to ensure smooth functioning of classroom teaching.
- The institute encourages students to participate in various inter-school and inter-amity meets where they can showcase their talents and passions.
- The school indulges in guiding by experts for extracurriculars like dancing, music, public speaking, leadership seminars etc.
9. Birla Vidya Niketan, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, Government Quaters, Sector 4, Pushp Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
Principal- Mrs.Minakshi Kushwaha
Contact No- 011 2957 8960
The school has a huge campus with several facilities. The campus boasts a well air-conditioned library, science labs, gardens, performing art rooms, activity rooms etc. The school provides various facilities for sports like- football, basketball, cricket, athletics and many other facilities.
- The institute organizes various cultural events where students can showcase their talents.
- Apart from providing one of the best education in Delhi, the school also has various co-curricular activities like sports, dance, music, cookery clubs, music and much more.
- The school organizes various community outreach programmes, field trips to heritage places and excursions at a lot of artistic places that involve loads of adventure.
10. Apeejay School, Pitampura, Delhi, New Delhi
Where– Plot No, 10, Rd Number 42, Sainik Vihar, Pitam Pura, New Delhi, Delhi 110034
Principal- Ms. Veena Goel
Contact No- 011 2701 2615
The school has a stunning campus in Delhi. It offers various facilities like sports fields, air-conditioned classrooms, state of the art infrastructure, a huge library with approximately 22000 books, audio-visual classroom teaching to help supplement the textbook learning. The campus provides hygienic home-cooked meals in its canteen that takes care of the daily nutrition needs of children.
- The school organizes extracurriculars like sports, performing arts, exhibitions, book week clubs, book fairs etc.
- The institute has various students clubs and societies related to different extracurriculars.
- The school has a separate science and maths laboratories that help students in learning theoretical concepts in practical life by experimenting with the raw materials.
- The campus offers training workshops and classes for various sports like- football, cricket, badminton, swimming etc.
11. Carmel Convent School, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- Malcha Marg, Block C, Diplomatic Enclave, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Principal- Tina Maria D’souza
Contact No- 011 2687 1299
It’s an all-girls school that was founded in 1957 by the Congregation of Sisters of the Apostolic Carmel. The approximate strength of the school is 2000 students and it has an affiliation to CBSE. The school is a firm believer in innovation and focuses on developing the school curriculum with the developing society today. The institute has a beautiful campus situated near Chanakyapuri which is surrounded by greenery and famous embassies.
- The school boasts a naturally clean and healthy environment for students. The school has separate buildings for junior, middle and senior schools.
- The campus has a modern infrastructure with amenities like a state of the art classrooms, a well-stocked library that has several works of fiction, nooks and magazines.
- The school has air-conditioned laboratories, computer and science labs.
- Extra-curriculars are also encouraged in the school with a daily routine of morning assembly and pastoral prayer with several hymns and worship songs inculcating value-based education in children.
12. St. Columbas School, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- No. 1, Ashok Place, Bhai Vir Singh Marg, Near Gole Dakhana, Gole Market, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Principal- E.V. Miranda
Contact No– 011 2336 3462
St.Columba’s school is a very well reputed and highly acclaimed school with its prime location near Lutyens Delhi. The school is famous because of a well- trained professional staff and distinguished alumni, bright students and staff that encourages leadership qualities in its students. The institute has a beautiful campus with a prominent red brick coloured building that gives us a glimpse of gothic architecture.
- The school has a large auditorium where all annual gatherings and competitions are held.
- The campus has separate medical rooms to cater to the emergency on-campus needs of students with a resident doctor available.
- It has well developed air-conditioned labs like biology labs, physics, chemistry labs, maths labs computer labs.
- The school has various sports fields and courts like basketball court, volleyball, badminton and cricket fields.
- The campus has various clubs and societies that cater to the extracurricular talents of students that they showcase in various inter-school competitions organised by the school.
13. Tagore International, Vasant Vihar, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- Paschimi Marg, Block C, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110057
Principal- Himanshi Bhandari
Contact No- 011-26142270
The school has a state of the art campus well equipped with modern facilities. It has various facilities like sports complex, smart classrooms, aids for audio and visual classes, labs, cafeteria, multipurpose halls, huge auditoriums etc. The school houses an indoor and outdoor sports complex for chess, carom, volleyball and basketball courts and many more.
- The campus indulges in various inter-school and inter house competitions that enhance the competitiveness and strength building mindsets of students.
- The school frequently organizes cultural exchange programmes like Spic Macay where students learn about classical dance forms, music, drama and other classical forms of art which are a necessary part of our culture.
- The campus provides transport facilities for the safe pick up and drops off the child.
- The school occasionally organizes parent-teacher meetings to make parents aware of pf the child’s progress.
- The institute conducts tests both in theory and practical form to help assess the progress of a child instead of relying only on yearly progress through exams.
14. The Indian School, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- Josip Broz Tito Marg, Sector 1, Sadiq Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110049
Principal– Dr. Anu Singh
Contact No- 011 2626 5957
The Indian School was founded in 1996 by Gyan Mandir society and is situated in the heart of Delhi. The school is affiliated to the CBSE board Delhi. The institute has an excellent campus with state of the art labs for computer, maths and science. The classrooms are equipped with modern techniques and are well- ventilated. The school has provided an ideal setting for students to build their overall personality by paying special attention to extracurriculars and sports. There are special rooms for classes like environmental teaching, social sciences, classes on entrepreneurship etc.
- The school believes in inclusive, child-centric and personality-oriented education for students.
- The classroom teaching has facilities like multimedia linked smart board classrooms, audiovisual lectures.
- The campus has a well-established transport facility for safe pick up and drops off the students.
- The school has separate departments to cater to separate needs of students like health centre, dance clubs, music clubs, public speaking clubs etc.
- The institute also appoints various office bearers in the form of prefects that help, monitor students and maintain the high discipline standards of the school.
15. Amity International School, Pushp Vihar, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- Birla Vidya Niketan Marg, Sector 7, Pushp Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
Principal- Mrs. Ameeta Mohan
Contact No- (011) 29561561
The school has an excellent infrastructure with well-ventilated classrooms and child-friendly campus. The campus boasts of lush green fields and lawns around the campus that provide a good ambience to it. The school has a four-floor building which also has an elevator facility for the specially-abled staff of teachers and other guests. There are separate buildings for primary, junior and senior wings. The campus has firefighting equipment fitted and well-ventilated classrooms with power backup.
- The school has attractive features like scholarships and meritorious functions for deserving students in academics and extra-curricular.
- The institute often organises trips and excursions for students to interact with other students to build camaraderie and bonds.
- The school has a highly experienced and trained staff with full stocked libraries and air-conditioned labs.
16. Convent of Jesus & Mary, Bangla Sahib Lane, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- 1, Bangla Sahib Ln, Ashok Place, DIZ Staff Quarters, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Principal- Sr. Gracy Paul
Contact No- 011-23366762
The school aims to provide value-based education in a Catholic Christian school environment. The main aim is to inculcate the knowledge of God and provide biblical teachings along with the academic learning that ensures the spiritual development of the child. The school has a splendid campus with facilities of sports, gymnasiums, table tennis court, badminton court, throwball and lawn tennis. Physical education and Yoga is also included in the sports curriculum of the school.
- The school has smart classrooms with a whiteboard and audio-visual facilities.
- The institute organises various art and craft exhibitions, judo championships and various indoor games competitions. The school has been a forerunner in organizing various science and maths Olympiads that help students in critical thinking.
- Competitions like elocution, debates, just a minute, extempore, are part of the daily assembly activities that build the overall personality of the student.
- Other fields that are especially focused on girls in the school include social service, creative writing, journalism, computer and environmental preservation.
- Active participation is ensured by students in activities like environment and disaster management workshops, community service, peace clubs, English literary society and many more.
- Students actively participate in the activities organized by the English Literary Society, Peace Club, Community Service Club and the Environment and Disaster Management Club
17. Gyan Bharati School, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- Block D, Saket, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
Principal-Mr. Sanjay Bhardwaj
Contact No- 011 – 46586284
Gyan Bharti School was established in 1980 and is affiliated to CBSE board New Delhi. The school has a progressive outlook with a focus on English as its medium of instruction. It is a co-ed school which has Indian thoughts, culture and traditions as its central idea. The school has a splendid campus situated in Saketthat spreads across 7 acres. The infrastructure of the school is future-oriented with state of the art buildings and classrooms.
- The campus is wi-fi enabled and has round the clock internet access.
- The school has facilities for various sports like cricket, football, badminton, volleyball, swimming etc.
- The institute hosts two large auditoriums for organising various cultural meets and inter-school competitions.
- There are separate rooms for activity, playrooms, kids room, multimedia rooms etc.
18. DPS International School, Pushp Vihar, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- 37, Mehrauli – Badarpur Rd, Dr Ambedkar Nagar, Rocky Area, Sector 6, Pushp Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
Principal- Mrs. Amita Mishra
Contact No-0 11 – 2956 1187
Delhi Public Schools have their motto as “Service before self” that has been serving as its guiding light from the past 56 years. The school has an excellent built campus spread across acres with facilities like well-equipped smart classrooms, air-conditioned labs for biotechnology, chemistry, biology, physics computer etc. Many clubs and societies for English, dramatics, cookery, sports and social work are also functioning that are led by students themselves.
- The campus has more than 200 teachers staff that are well trained and qualified that do dedicated work with students in shaping their future.
- The school has various student clubs which organizes several cultural functions.
- The inter-school and Inter DPS competitions in every field are a regular site for passionate and talented students who bring laurels to their school.
- The school provides a safe and comfortable environment for children along with transportation facilities for the daily travel of a child.
19. Mount St. Marys School, Delhi Cantt, New Delhi
Where- 75, Parade Rd, Parade Ground, Delhi Cantonment, New Delhi, Delhi 110010
Principal- Rev. Bro. Dr. Arockiaraj
Contact No- 25692002
The school has a grand campus with several facilities for students. The campus boasts facilities like art and craft, book fairs, scholastic exhibitions, networking competitions, student resource centres etc. The school has separate floors for primary, junior and senior classes to avoid any disturbance between lower and higher grades. The campus has sports fields spread across the whole periphery of the campus building.
- The school aims to introduce value-based education in the mainstream syllabus of the school and takes steps to include one.
- The institute has several clubs and societies to nurture the talents of students.
- The school participates in various inter-school competitions and has a well-equipped library and teaching staff.
- The campus provides modern amenities to students and makes students aware of the recent developments in the changing society which helps a student stay positively aware of the environment.
20. Mater Dei School, Tilak Lane, Delhi, New Delhi
Where- Tilak Ln, Government Officers Colony, India Gate, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Principal- Sr. Stella Joseph
The institute has a magnanimous campus with lush green trees and a garden in Bhopal. The school campus has separate buildings for the kindergarten, primary and the higher secondary section, offers facilities like Computer labs, labs for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and Mathematics; sports facilities, library, cafeteria, multipurpose hall, art room, dance room and many other facilities.
- The school provides transportation facilities to the students.
- Frequent parent-teacher meets are organized to give an idea about the progress of children.
- Annual function of the school is a welcome sight for parents where the whole school comes together to represent the ethos of the school.
- It has a well-trained coach for sports that trains students in various indoor and outdoor games.