Jain International Residential School is an institution which provides holistic development of students from grade IV to XII. The school is one of the best co-educational, residential schools in India with more than 750 students and has the highest standards of academic achievement, intellectual growth, ethical awareness, behaviour and sportsmanship for its students.
The institute has weekly boarding facilities under the JGI Group on a 350 acres campus known as the Jain Global Campus. This is also JGI’s main campus. Jain Academy for Sporting Excellence also operates in the campus with professional coaching since 2004. There are classes even for SAT and JEE.
Address: 45th km, NH-209 Jakkasandra Post, Kanakapura Main Road, Ramanagara District, Bangalore, Karnataka, India – 562112
Phone No.: +91 80 27577003 / 013
Contact for Admission Details: +91 78998 88099,+91 78998 88055
Chairman: Dr Chenraj Roychand
Campus size: 350 acres
Website: www.jirs.ac.in or www.jase.ac.in
Jain International Residential School has an affiliation to Cambridge University’s International General Certificate of Secondary Education, the Central Board of Secondary Education and the International Baccalaureate Programme up to Grade 12.
The school is located on Kanakapura road near Jakkasandra, Ramanagara district on the Bangalore National Highway (NH 209).
About the School
Founded in 1999 by JGI, the school takes leadership seriously and emphasizes that the character is a point of distinction. The mission of the school is to prepare students for college but to provide an experience which goes far beyond college requirements and addresses important personal aspects of growth and maturity. Through the years, the means of achieving the aims have changed, however, the appropriate balance of tradition and innovation is still there to provide exceptional opportunities for deserving students from diverse social, geographic and ethnic backgrounds. The constant commitment to each student’s intellectual, moral and physical growth and the considerable resources of faculty, facility and locale create a school which is larger than the sum of its parts.
The institute believes that teachers should play an essential role in student life. JIRS faculty maintain a good bond with the students for nurturing the spirit and bringing out the hidden talent in them. This fulfils the vision of JIRS.
Jain International Residential School attempts to lay the foundations for the student’s future. It prepares them for the college/university of their choice and life beyond.
- The school nurtures the talent of its students and enables them to be at their best. The school even tries to make education refreshing and rejuvenating in its real sense.
- Having a cosmopolitan atmosphere by encouraging the appreciation of world culture
- To instil the best and desirable ethical values to make the students productive and responsible members of society
- To train students to realize their full potential and become independent learners
- Committing each student with the expectations of society
- To support and guide students, to alleviate learning difficulties and integrate them into the mainstream studies
- Bringing an about all-round personality development through structured sports programs and extracurricular activities
- To instil moral values and groom them to future global leaders who will lead with compassion and care
The prime objective of the school is to provide a nurturing ground where there is a holistic unfolding of the character, striving to develop the school into the best global campus that lays the foundations for developing a strong knowledge base in a healthy socio-cultural environment. To enable students to imbibe a positive but critical approach to problem-solving and global thinking, thus transforming them into Citizens of The World.
Step 1: Admission Procedure
- The first step is to fill the application form.
- Admission to JIRS is mainly on the merit of the candidate. It is competitive due to limited boarding vacancies per class/ curriculum in comparison with the number of applicants.
- Filling the online application form only means to apply for admission and not to be considered as granted admission.
- The details entered in the form is not editable. Therefore the candidate/parent should read the fields carefully and fill accurate information with care.
- After submission, payment is the next step.
- The non-refundable application fee is as follows:
- Indian Nationals’: Rs. 2000
- NRIs’ and Foreign Nationals’: 30 Dollars.
- On the successful completion of the procedure, an application id will be generated, and a mail will be sent to the email id as mentioned in the application form.
- This confirms the candidate’s eligibility and is proceeded towards the next step: Jain Excellence Test.
- Step 2: Jain Intelligence Test (1.5 to 2 hrs.)
The parent with the candidate shall visit the campus on specified dates for ‘Open House’. The Open house is a day when JIRS welcomes all parents(s), to have the first-hand experience and to have complete information about the school.
- The Assessment and Open House date is always updated on the website.
- The parent and candidate unable to visit JIRS on the day of ‘Open House’ should communicate their inability via email at least seven days in advance.
Interaction with the School Authorities
On the day of the visit, the families have a complete campus tour for a first-hand experience of the school, then followed by a meeting with the following authorities;
- Vice Principals of respective Curriculum
- Chief Executive Officer, Headmistress or Chief Operating Officer –JIRS
- Chief Operating Officer for Jain Academy for Sporting Excellence (JASE)
A Day at JIRS
- Arrival at the reception with prior appointment.
- Guided campus tour.
- Information session.
- Student Assessment.
- Meeting with the School Authorities.
- Interaction with students.
- Meeting with Admission Officials.
Step 3: Admission Registration
- Admission registration reserves a seat for the candidate, in his/her chosen area of interest.
- The candidate has to fulfil the assessment requirements to be eligible for the Admission Registration Process.
- JIRS provides the option of Provisional Admission. The parent has to mail the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org for fulfilling the provisional admission process;
- Recent examination result
- Admission Form
- A registration fee of Three lakh rupees only is to be paid through DD, Bank transfer or Cheque, as part of the provisional admission process.
(Note: The balance fee to be paid on a date, as communicated during the time of provisional admission. On completion of the Admission Registration Process, a Roll number will be allotted to the candidate.)
Library: Jain International Residential School library offers a beautiful environment in which children can spend time reading and exploring books. The library contains almost 20,500 books, CD-ROMS, audio and video cassettes. This covers a panoramic spectrum of subjects to satisfy the urge to learn and curiosity of the child. This adds to broadening their experience of a library environment. The library is continuously acquiring new titles to stay up-to-date with the latest in the world and also subscribes to various periodicals and journals. It also facilitates the teachers in their research for enhanced teaching programs.
Laboratories: An area of 25,000 sq.ft. is mainly for the library and laboratories fulfilling and exceeding the requirements of the curriculum. There are Self-explanatory models in the labs, and the science laboratories are the highlights of the campus.
There are five laboratories with the latest equipment to enable the children to learn the concepts practically; thus, enabling a practical learning approach. The labs are technologically updated regularly to be on par with technological and scientific developments. JIRS also has a Language Laboratory and Mathematics Laboratory.
Computer Labs: Computer Labs have internet access, with the latest software and hardware systems. A dedicated VSAT internet connection, educational materials and supervision by experts add extreme value to the learning sessions.
Classrooms: The altar of learning has always been the classroom, but the smart classes at JIRS are a whole new world with high tech facilities like projectors and air-conditioning.
Music: Music gives a multi-faceted form of expression which helps students to be creative and develop artistic skills. At JIRS, they focus on the holistic development of students and encourage them to pursue their passion. They have a spacious music room which is well-equipped with a variety of eastern and western musical instruments to meet the requirement of students.