GD Goenka Global School, Gurugram is one of a kind institute. The main aim of the school is to enhance the Indian education system. The establishment is at par with the global standards and takes great pride in doing so. This institute is a prominent body in the ‘new-age’ India which is more about focusing at the global level. The fees are extremely reasonable, especially as compared to the other schools, as it is well worth considering the platforms, training and the chances it offers to its students.
The GD Goenka Global School, Gurugram was established in the year 2018. This institute is part of the prestigious GD GOENKA GROUP, which was established in the year 1982. With its successful roots in the field of Real estate, travels and exports, the group ventured into the education sector as well. This brought about the establishment of the GD Goenka Public Schools. The Goenka Group takes pride in being able to establish innovative changes much-required in the Indian education system.
Virtual Learning Program
With the ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic that has affected all aspects of life, GD Goenka Group has launched its very own ‘learning devices’. As the world has come to terms with the new normal, digital learning is the latest platform for education. Thus, the GD Goenka Virtual Academy brings a seamless method to continue with the education process. This is the result of hard work and collaboration of the coordinators, faculty, and the Principal after much research with all the IB Heads globally. The Virtual planner is designed to help children stay connected with their learning and syllabus.
This is how it works:
- Fill out the Forms to arrange a call back from the counsellor.
- You get to check out the ‘virtual classroom’ through the ‘Free Trial’ offered to you after application.
- This is followed by an interaction with the Principal and the PYP coordinator.
- The sessions can be joined the very next day.
- The exclusive ‘Class Dojo’ comprises of all the classroom communications, interactions, and the student portfolio. This is the mode of communication between parents, teachers, and students.
- Faculty Support is available online every day. This allows room for feedback, learning, and more between the teachers and the students.
- The ‘Enrichment Program’ is also part of this virtual learning experience. This is to be able to include more fun-filled activities, talents, and skill-building activities within the regular curriculum.
- The ‘Calendar’ is designed at the start of the session and it is expected to be followed religiously. This is to ensure discipline and to be in sync with the school system.
Interested persons can fill a simple online form available at www.gdgoenkaglobal.com/virtual-academy to get a ‘free trial’
This exclusive way of teaching at GD Goenka Global School is designed to enhance the individual potential of each child. As every student is different, their skills need special attention and care. This way, the unique personality of each student blossoms and they are able to shine through their talents and platforms. This includes ‘mentors’ who are assigned to dedicate their expertise to recognize each child as unique and help identify their self-worth. The institute also has an exclusive branch for ‘children with special needs’. This allows each child to be able to access the joys of education and a better chance at life.
The campus is one of a kind and completely air-conditioned one. The latest achievement is the establishment of the mobile air purifiers to eliminate and control the levels of PM25, PM10, and harmful CO2 levels.
Some of the highlights of this elaborate modern campus include:
The library is an elaborate establishment at the campus. It is fully digitalized to enhance the browsing experience. The library is Wi-Fi enabled along with neatly arranged reading facilities. There also included unique ‘Reading Corners’ where nice books are enjoyed in groups. There are also quiet zones for a more concentrated indulgence.
Keeping at par with the global standards, the labs at the GD Goenka Global School are well maintained. There are different labs for each subject and are exclusive to use. These are well-maintained and well-stocked with the best apparatus and equipment. Under the supervision of the head-in-charge, these facilities are safe and under control. The computer lab is the latest and is well-equipped with the best in technology.
An indoor all-weather swimming pool is one of the major highlights at the campus. This is temperature-regulated and can be used all-year-round. The school also employs trainers for students who require training and expertise.
The music room is a well-equipped with keyboards, tambourine, recorders, and other musical instruments. Students get the guidance of a well-trained music expert to improve their skills and talents.
A separate Dance room is also available at the campus that is well-maintained for training young talents. Students learn various dance forms under expert supervision.
The 300-seat theatre style auditorium is a hub for all the events on campus. Here, the students get together to witness, participate, and encourage each other.
Students practice drama, performing arts and much more in the theatre room at the school. This is a pulsating hub at the campus which is busy year-round with practices and events to look forward to.
The campus has a well-equipped medical room under the expert supervision of a full-time nurse. An on-call doctor is also available to attend to various emergencies. The facility collaborates with the Narayana hospital in order to receive expert supervision when.
Sports are an elaborate affair at the GD Goenka Global School. To encourage and enhance the future sports stars of the country, the school has advanced sporting facilities. The students are under the supervision of talented coaches and sports trainers. The various sporting facilities include:
- Multipurpose court for Basketball, Tennis, badminton an football
- Roller Skating areas
- Outdoor Free Play Sensorial area
- Cricket practice pitch
- Indoor Sports Area
Safety and Transport Facilities
The school has yellow luxury buses that are comfortable and child-friendly. These are maintained by well-trained drivers and caretakers. They also include water dispensers and first-aid kits. The security at the premises is the latest and most advanced. These include 24-hour CCTV surveillance, Fire alarm systems, Face recognition app, and Biometric door system. The security staff is trained and is equipped with emergency drill knowledge, as well.
The Dining Hall
With a 200+ seating capacity, the dining hall is a place where the entire school gets together. The food is exceptional and the staff take proper care about the hygiene, nutrition, and a well-balanced meal diet.
The guidance cell at the school helps navigate the students while at school. The main aim of this cell is to inculcate well-disciplined behaviour, ever-learning nature, and an overall personality. This includes:
- Stimulating Creativity
- Disciplined environment
- Nurturing independent Mindedness
Address: GD Goenka Global School, S-3130, DLF3, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122010. India
Contact: 91-9643008291, 91-9643008162, 91-9643003619
Email: [email protected]
Principal: Ms Navina Chadha
Admission Procedure and Fee Structure
- Admission for Nursery to Grade 5: round the year
- The application can be submitted online through the website: https://smarthubeducation.hdfcbank.com/SmartFees/Landing.action?instId=4138
- Registration fee: to be paid online – INR 5000 (Indian Resident) and USD 150 (NRI/EXPAT)
For on-paper application:
- Download the form from the website – https://smarthubeducation.hdfcbank.com/SmartFees/Landing.action?instId=4138
- Fill and complete the entire form correctly
- Attach and submit any medical form- https://gdgoenkaglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/GDGWS-MedicalForm.pdf
- Transfer certificate
- Birth Certificate
- The School Grade report of the previous two years
- Adhaar card of both the parents
- Address proof
- FRRO, Visa Copy, Passport copy for the NRI
- Passport size photos- 6 nos
- Passport-sized photo of parents- 2 nos.
Parents will be notified within 3 weeks
The school provides scholarships for outstanding students in the field of arts, sports, and tournaments. This includes outstanding merits and achievements at national and international levels.
Fee Details (Nursery – Grade 5)
- Registration – INR 5000
- Admission fee- INR 50000
- Tuition fee- INR 18500 (Monthly)
- Annual Fee- None
- Transport Fee- INR 13,750- INR 18,750 (Quarterly)
- Other Fees- INR 1000 (Monthly)
- Optional Meal Fee- INR 13500 (Quarterly)
Achievements and Honours
Some of the achievements of the school include:
- India’s No.1 International School- Education World Award-2014
- Top Ten Schools In India- Education World India School Ranking 2014
- GDGWS at the Education World Awards -2013
- India’s Most Respected School Award- Survey Award- 2013
- GD Goenka World School, Sohna – British Council International School Award 2013-16