|Hostel Facility:||Day School|
|Address||Mandir Marg, opp. Tender Hearts School, Mahanagar, Lucknow|
Montfort Inter College (formerly known as Mahanagar Boys' Inter College) is situated in the centre of the reputed residential colony of Mahanagar in the trans Gomti area of Lucknow, the capital of UP.
The plot of Montfort and of Mahanagar Boys' Inter College was taken possession of by the Catholic Diocese of Lucknow on 6th May 1957 and its boundaries marked on 17th August 1962 and registration done on 14th January 1964. The foundation stone of the building was laid by the Bishop of Lucknow, Rt. Rev. Conrad de Vitto on 1st January 1959 and the building construction work was contracted to Messers Allied Builders. It consisted of the administrative block in front and double lines of classrooms on either wings, with a central corridor on each wing. The pioneer Principal Bro. Joachim joined the school on 15thJune 1959 . The complete ground floors of the three units were constructed by 10th July 1959 and were dedicated by the Bishop on 14th July 1959 . The school opened on 15th July 1959 with forty students on the rolls in classes III, IV & V of English Medium and class VI of Hindi Medium. There were six teachers on the rolls whom three were Brothers- Joachim, Ignatius and Patrick Meanwhile application for Recognition of the School was submitted to the Authorities in time and was also followed up religiously. As a sine qua non an inspection covering all aspects of education was conducted and the school came out successfully. The institution was listed as a Recognized Junior High School with effect from 27/11/1962 . The primary section was also accorded recognition with effect from 22/01/1963.The Directorate of Education put on record its special appreciation for Mahanagar Boys' School and its Management for their willingness to accommodate wards of the Defence personnel of the frontline N.E.F.A as well as the refugee children from Assam , consequent to China-India war in 1962. However since the war came to a speedy end the situation of the North East normalized early, preventing the migration of students to U.P. The school was permitted to open class IX on 16/08/1963 . The High School section was given Recognition with effect from 17/02/1965 . Thereafter special permission was sought to teach through English Medium in addition to Hindi Medium. The said special permission came on 22/08/1963 . A need was felt to raise Mahanagar Boys' High School to the Intermediate level but it took quite a few years due to paucity of funds and personnel. Finally the intermediate classes were introduced in July 1984 and recognition obtained in September 1984 itself.
The students did extremely well in the public examinations, year after year, securing prestigious positions in the State at High School level. This situation further improved with the introduction of Intermediate sections in the Institution. Today it stands as a colossus in the state, with a distinct niche for itself, not only in terms of academic excellence but equally as much, in building up balanced personalities with a vision of their own, loyal to the values of life and to their Motherland.
To cater to the needs of primary section, "Montfort Primary" school was started in 1982. Slowly and steadily the institution grew and became a full pledged primary school from LKG to Class V by 1994.