Lucknow Rd, Bandariya Bag Railway Colony, Gulistan Colony
|Hostel Facility:||Day School|
|Address||Lucknow Rd, Bandariya Bag Railway Colony, Gulistan Colony, Gulistan Colony, Lucknow|
Loreto Convent College, Lucknow founded in 1872, is under the management of the Sisters of the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Loreto Sisters). This Institute was founded in 1616 by an English woman, Mary Ward (1585-1645). It pioneered a new type of religious life which undertook the education of girls as its main work. The 18th century saw the spread and development of the Institute in Europe and in England. It was introduced into Ireland by Frances Teresa Ball, who in 1821 established the first house of the Irish Branch there. She called it Loreto, the name by which all subsequent foundations spread all over the world are still known. The Loreto Sisters came to India in 1841 and have established schools in many parts of eastern and northern India.
The prime purpose of the Order is the education of girl child of all denominations. The aim of the school is to give its pupils a sound moral education while devoting special attention to their intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual development. Loreto Convent Intermediate College strives to communicate to its pupils a culture that is characterized by an ability to work and think sincerely and comprehensively.