|Hostel Facility:||Day School|
|Address||A-4C Block, Mota Singh Marg, Janakpuri, New Delhi|
|Contact Number||25551113 / 25510556|
St. Francis de sales School, Founded by Fr. Thomas Thoomkuzhy was established on 10th April 1978. The foundation stone for the building was laid on 9/7/1977 by Hon Shri Sikandar Bhakt, the then Union Minister for Works and Housing. The foundation stone was blessed by his Excellaency Rt. Rev. Dr. Luciano Storero the then Apostolic Pronuncio to india.
The school, when it started functioning on 10th April, had 117 students and had a humble beginning in tents. The high school (9-10) began in the year 1982-83 and the first batch of 61 students appeared for their 10th class Board exams in 1983 –84. The school was upgraded to Senior Secondary (11-12) the same year.
St. Francis de Sales Senior Secondary School is an unaided recognized Christian minority private institution affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education. As a catholic school, we are working not only for the intellectual, cultural and physical development of our children from the earliest stages but also for the formation of character by inculcating sound moral principles.
The dynamic guidance has been provided by the pillars of strength
FR.AGNELO FERNANDES – 1978-1983
FR.JOSEPH POTTEMMEL – 1983-1985
FR.A.M SEBASTIAN – 10/04/1985 – 02/04/1991
FR.MATHEW THAYIL – 03/04/1991 – 02/04/1994
FR.JOSEPH T.P – 03/04/1994 – 30/04/2001
FR.JACOB KARAMAKUZHYIL – 01/05/2001 – 08/07/2008
FR.MELROY ALMEIDA – 09/07/2008 – 10/07/2012
FR.ANIL GEORGE – 11/07/2012 – 03/07/2018
FR.ANTHONY AMALADOSS – 04/07/2018 ONWARDS
The Congregation of Fransalians a body of Priests and brothers was founded at Annecy in France. The motherhouse of Fransalians is still at Annecy. Fr. Peter Marie Mermier (1790-1862) founded the congregation of missionaries of St. Francis de Sales (MSFS) in 1838 to bring about the renewal of Christian life, to evangelise people and to educate the youth. Since then, the congregation has been engaged in three main forms of apostolate Parish mission, foreign mission and the education of the young. The first batch of MSFS landed in Pondicherry on 8th September 1845. The congregation entrusted the vicariate of Visakhapatnam to MSFS on 2nd May 1848. It became a Province in 1965 and Nagpur was bifurcated and made into another province in the same year, ie. 1965. The confreres in France and Switzerland were directly under the Superior General till 1959. It became a region in 1960 and a province in 1965 similarly England and Brazil also became Province in 1965. East Africa became Province in 1996. Pune Province was carved out of erst while Maharashtra, Goa Province in 1996. Thus the congregation became empowered and has today 9 Major Provinces, and 4 effective missions