|Hostel Facility:||Day cum Residential School|
|Address||Sector XII, R. K. Puram, New Delhi|
|Contact for Admissions||+919821373374 +919821373374|
|Contact Number||49115500, 26171267, 26174235, 26183914, 26166793|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
Nursery Admissions Closed. First list coming out on 20th March, 2021
|School Also Known As||
DPS RK Puram
Senior Secondary (Till Class 12)
|Medium of Instruction||
Delhi Public School Society
|Principal's Name||Vanita Sehgal|
|Nearest Railway Station||
Safdarjung Railway Station
|Nearest Railway Station Distance||
|Nearest Police Station||
Police Station South Campus
|Nearest Police Station Distance||
|Nearest Bank Distance||
Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram is a co-educational day boarding private school. Located in the South Delhi district of New Delhi, the school has two campuses, one East of Kailash, and the second in Vasant Vihar.
The school has an affiliation to the CBSE board and has been recognized by the Department of Education, and the Ministry of HRD. It is also a member of the National Progressive Schools' Conference and Indian Public Schools' Conference. It is a private institution run by the non-profit DPS Society. It is also one of the best boarding school in India and the 4th Best Boarding School in Delhi.
Motto: Service Before Self
Chairman: V.K. Shunglu
Founded in 1972, Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram is a private institution run by the non-profit organization, Delhi Public School Society. The school is the second school founded by the Delhi Public School Society. Ms. Lathashishtha was the first Headmistress. The government of India awarded Mr. R. S. Lugani, the school's first Principal the Padma Shri award in 1992 for his contributions in the fields of Education and Literature. Mr. Lugani was succeeded by then-Vice Principal, Dr. Shayama Chona, a globally renowned educationist and disability rights activist. She was awarded the Padma Shri in 1999, and the Padma Bhushan award in 2008; making her the only educationist to receive two of the country's four highest civilian honours.
The school opened a branch for the education of children with special needs known as the Tamana Special School. They admit students with visual and other impairments.
At DPS, education, excellence and commitment are of prime importance. There is a various multi-directional workshop where the teacher is the group co-ordinator starting work, nurturing students. The school uses NCERT books in various subjects.
The curriculum includes middle, high school and senior secondary Level
The focus key points are:
Languages (English and Hindi)
Visual & Performing Arts
Physical/ Health Education
Children join various hobby clubs as per their interest and participate in class assemblies, annual days and social awareness campaigns.
● School blocks
● Music centre
● Sports complex
● Assembly area
● School reception
Here is the step-by-step procedure for admission-
● The first step is to register online by clicking the “Online Registration” link. There are no fees for Online Registration.
● An email/SMS with the date allotted to the candidate will be sent.
● Reporting Time the Written Test: 08:00 am
● Each applicant must carry the following:
1. A photo identity proof
2. A printout of Online Registration Slip
3. Photocopy of the previous class mark sheet.
4. Stationery items.
5. Applicants must wear the uniform of their present school and carry a Valid Identity Card with a photograph of themselves.
● The result will be notified on the website.
Note: Any personal belongings, such as Bags, notebooks, mobile phones, watches, water bottle etc are strictly probability in the examination rooms.
For Humanities, a minimum of 70% and above
For science, a minimum of 70% in each subject – English, Mathematics & Science.
For commerce: a minimum of 70% in each subject – English & Mathematics.
Note: Marks issued will be verified during the Written Test.
For the candidate who is selected-
● A Demand Draft of Rs.60,000/- is to be submitted out of the total school fees (approx. Rs.1,80,000/-).
● Medical certificate by a Registered Medical Doctor.
● Two photographs each of the child, the father and the mother. (passport size)
● Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Corporation.
● Proof of residence, originals have to be shown for final verification.
● In the candidate has siblings studying in the school, the fee bill must be issued by the school office and in the case of Alumni, a copy of the certificate of 10th / 12th, as issued by CBSE.
● Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Corporation
● Ration card or Smart Card issued in the name of parents. (mother/father having the name of the child.)
● Residence certificate of the child or his / her parents.
● Voter Identity Card
● Passport in the name of any of the parents or child.
● Aadhar Card of any of the parents.
Note: Admission to the school is subject to document verification, self-attested by both the parents in front of the verification team.
Admission Charges: Rs 25,200/- (at the time of admission)
Annual Charges: around Rs (approx.) Rs.1,80,000/-
● Priyamvada Natarajan – Professor in the Departments of Astronomy and Physics, Yale University; Guggenheim Fellow.
● Harsh Chitale – CEO, HCL Infosystems.
● Aditya Julka – Co-founder and former CEO, Paddle8.
● Randeep Hooda – Bollywood and independent film actor.
● Kriti Sanon – Bollywood actress and model.
● Raghuram Rajan – 23rd Governor of the Reserve Bank of India
● Anjum Chopra - Cricketer
● Manavjit Singh Sandhu - Indian sport shooter
● Ambika Anand – Anchor, NDTV.
● Ankit Fadia – Host of MTV What the Hack
Device Karan Singh
31 Dec, 2019
Best Schools in Lucknow
Best Schools in New Delhi
Best Schools in Gurgaon
Best Schools in Noida
Best Schools in Dehradun
Best Schools in Hyderabad
Best Schools in Chennai
Best Schools in Faridabad
Best Schools in Mumbai
Best Schools in Kolkata
Best Schools in Kanpur
Best Schools in Sitapur