One of the early ‘thought’ for quality education in pre-independence India took place in the year 1939. This was when the ‘Seth Anandram Jaipuria Education Society’ laid its very first foundation. Thus, it came to be an institute for quality education across the nation for the Indians. These institutes had classes from pre-primary to K-12. The founders strongly believed that it was education itself which is the single most tool for self-empowerment. The Seth Anandram Jaipuria School, Kanpur was established in the year 1974. The then Indian Prime Minister, Late Smt Indira Gandhi laid the foundation stone and Dr Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed, the then President of India inaugurated it.
The main motive of the school was to ensure quality education that bought about the best in the youth of the country. The institute, from its foundation years, has worked relentlessly to bring about balance in Academics, Creativity, Co-curricular activities, Physical activities, Good behaviour and contribution to the community.
Address: 70, Cantt, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208004
Email: [email protected]
Contact: +91-512-2381619, +91-512-2380146
Principle: Ms Shikha Banerjee
After 44 years of imparting value education to the youth of the country, the institute today is an icon in itself. What started as an institute with just 400 students, has more than 2855 students today. With a faculty body of 120 well-trained teachers, Seth Anandram Jaipuria School, Kanpur ensures a good student-teacher ratio. The institute is a reputed one and is a titleholder for various honours. The overall environment of the school is to compete with oneself and to push your limits. This is to ensure that each child develops into a better version of themselves. The school is a brimming ground for budding talent, skills, and more in various fields of achievements.
“Tamso Ma Jyotirgamya”- To move from darkness to light and to ignite the flames of learning.
To offer Child-centric learning to nurture happy and confident children. The institute aims to promote creativity, sensitivity towards the environment and to also achieve academic excellence.
The mission of the school is to
- Ensure that the students grow into emphatic and responsible citizens of the world.
- Provide a conducive environment where each child is groomed to learn and offer back to society
- Instil in each student, the valuable traits of self-confidence, understanding, and independence.
- Sharpen the overall academic and character trait of each student and to enhance their inner potential.
The campus is impressive and has been able to reinvent itself from the time of its foundation years. Today, this school takes pride in owning one of the most well-planned structures in the city. Keeping in mind the various necessities, modern-day trends in learning, and the requirements, the institute has updated itself accordingly. With all the modern-day amenities and facilities to enhance the overall education, here is a look at the highlights.
Housing some of the best in the relevant apparatuses, safety measures, and maintenance, the labs at Seth Anandram Jaipuria School, Kanpur are excellent.
The Chemistry lab is spacious enough to contain all the requirements of the subjects in a safe manner. The entire unit comprises of two different rooms and a distinct hall. Equipped with features like gas lines, fume hoods, and waterlines for minimizing harmful exposure to fumes, the Chemistry lab is very well-planned. The holding capacity of the lab is 24 students at a time, and the arrangement is comfortable with enough room.
Along with its very own faculty room attached, the Physics lab at the institute is where the students can ‘view’ the various concepts and theory as close to reality as possible. To accomplish this, the lab comprises of an inbuilt library which has a good collection of e-books, a sound A-V facility for presentations and lectures, and the Physics Utility bag for a better understanding.
With a capacity of 40 students, the Biology lab is well-facilitated. Its features include smart boards, A.V. aids, and an efficient exclusive resource library. The lab comprises of all the state-of-art instruments required for the detailed study in the subject, 3-D models, charts, and specimens. Also, exclusive is the computer facility for the teachers for related research and work.
The institute comprises of two distinct labs; the Senior Computer lab and the Junior Computer lab. With a maximum capacity of 100 and a minimum of 25, the labs are network connected. A Software expert assistant is available at all times to be able to operate the software and hardware as and when required. These facilities are also used for trainings, seminars and workshops at the institute.
Well-equipped with four separate rooms and a common hall, the Music Center is a place of inspiration. Here the budding talents are nurtured and shaped under the expert supervision of trained music ‘Gurus’. The facility comprises of both Indian and Western music instruments and specialization trainings.
Art & Craft
Art and Craft is a much encourage genre at Seth Anandram Jaipuria School, Kanpur. To provide proper training for skill development in the field, the institute has a well-planned Art and Craft facility. The facility is complete with all the raw materials, resources, and a well-trained faculty to supervise the schedule. Various art forms like Batik, Clay modelling, block-printing, Oil printing, among others.
Digitally updated and well-stocked with some of the best in reading materials and literary delights, the library is a solace for the thinking mind. Here, one can engross themselves in some great reads, journals, important research, and a vast collection of literary delights. The library is also digitally enabled along with Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, and more.
With over thirty varieties in medicinal plants and other interesting herbs, the Botanical Garden at Seth Snandram Jaipuria is a must-visit. This is to imbibe in the youth the importance of a cleaner and a greener tomorrow. Each plant at the garden also holds its very own placard that displays its botanical name, Common name, and its use.
The dispensary at the school is a well-equipped one, along with the facility to attend to any emergency. Managed by a well-trained medical practitioner and a nurse, the infirmary is quick to action and well-stocked with medical supplies.
The Canteen at the school is a great place for the students to enjoy various delicacies that are nutritious as well as healthy. Along with food items, the authorities also try and instil good hygiene and healthy eating habits in young children.
Sports is a big deal at the Seth Anandram Jaipuria School, Kanpur and the importance for the same is encouraged from the very start. With three huge fields, a lawn tennis court, badminton court, Boxing arena, Table tennis setup, and more, the sports facilities are well-maintained.
The various sports and sporting events are overlooked in detail by accomplished coaches, who shape future talents. The various sports that are the norm at the institute are Cricket, Soccer, Volley Ball, Hockey, Basketball, Athletics, to name a few.
Prominent Sports Achievements
- A.S.I.S.C. Regional Athletic Championship – Discus throw- GOLD Medal- Noida
- Kanpur Badminton League- Inter School- First Position
- District Speed Roller Skating- District- Championship trophy
- I.S.P.L. Roller Skating- Inter School- 3 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze
- I.S.P.L. Roller Tennis – Inter School- First
- Karate- Rank 1
- National Shooting Championship- 3rd in UP, 18th All India, Gurgaon
- Sub Jr. UP state Boxing championship- 2 silver, 1 Bronze
- Inter I.S.C. North and South Zone School Football Tournament 2017- Winners
- Sub- Jr. Boxing Championship- Gold Medal
Extra Curriculum Achievements
- Indian Science Congress-2017- top 3 position holders
- Jaipuria Model United Nations- Champions
- White Hat Jr. Certified Game Developer- Certified Game Developer- Tanush Upadhyay
- I.S.C. English Debate Competition- First
- Art Competition- First
- Seva Sansthan Kakadeo, Kanpur, Award of Meritorious Students- Abhishree Swarup
- Spell Bee – All India Rank 1
- Australian National Chemistry Quiz (A.N.C.Q.)-
- PRANSHU AGARWAL- 99%
- KISHITIJ LUTHRA – 98%
- ISHAAN GUPTA – 99%
- National Award of Indian Science Congress – I.N.F.O.S.Y.S., Foundation – ISCA TRAVEL AWARD
- Kyokushin Super E.N.P.I. Karate Cup 2018 – International Position – Third and Fourth
- I.C.S.E. Topper 2019
- Vanya Jalan- 1st Position- 99%
- Akshat Bajpai- 2nd Position- 98.8%
- Vanshika Tripathi- 3rd Position- 98.4%
- ISC Toppers 2019 – Com/Humanities
- Ashita Roongta- Ist Position- 99.75%
- Swaroop- 2nd Position- 99.5%
- Aggarwal- 3rd Position- 98 %
- I.S.C. Topper 2019- Science
- Shlok Bhartiya – 1st Position- 98.75%
- Gupta – 2nd Position- 97.5%
- Rathi – 2nd Postion- 97.5%
- Khanna- 3rd Position- 97%
Admission Details & Fees –
- Session starts – April of the new current year
- Registration process- Can be done online through the school website
- INR 1000 from the office
- INR 1500 if downloaded
- Prospectus- collected from the school’s office – 9:00 A.M- 1:00 P.M
- INR 500
- Pre-Nursery: 2+ on 1st April 2020
- Nursery: 3+ on April 2020
- Prep: 4+ on April 2020
Procedure and Formalities
- Pre Nursery/ Nursery: interaction with parents and the child –
- Preparation: informal assessment along with an interactive session with child and parent-
- Class 1 and above: A written entrance test
- Admissions are subjected to the availability of the seats
- Admit cards will be issued only after the complete payment of the fees
- The dates for the fee submission for each class will be displayed on the notice board- payment mandatory
- Preference is given to children of Defence Personnel
- Photocopy of the Birth Certificate
- Complete Registration Form
- Transfer Certificate if required- signed by the inspector of the state
- Photographs of Child, Mother and Father on the forms
- Vaccination Copy
- Admission fee- INR 50000 for all classes
- Security Deposit- INR 5000 for all classes
- Composite Annual Fee -per quarter – INR 23000- INR 23825
- Transport Fee- INR 8000- optional
- Excursion and other activities- INR 6000- optional
- Summer Fiesta
- Founder’s Day
- Round Square International Conference
- Graduation day
- Sports day
- Alumni meet
- Grandparent’s day
- English Workshop
- Physics workshop
Ranking and Titles
- Top Schools of India Award- E.L.E.T.S. Award
- I.S.A. Award
- Future 50 school shaping Success
- Education World Elite Ranking India No.1
- Digital Learning award
- The School Excellence Award
- Innovative education leadership award for outstanding school category
- Goodwill, Legacy & Reputation Rank- 1
- Online and Social presence Rank- 9
Seth Anandram Jaipuria School, Kanpur is a fine balance of academics, extra-curricular activities, and sports. The school places equal importance on all the aspects of a child’s development and takes special care to nurture the inbuilt talents and to shape the skills required. The faculty is a well-trained one, which dedicates its abilities in enhancing the uniqueness of each student. The results speak for themselves, as the shining stars from the institute have done their school proud in various national and international platforms. Being a school that holds a legacy, Seth Anandram Jaipuria is surely a great breeding ground of good results and fine talents.
The fee structures have been revived, keeping in mind the wide spaces in the backgrounds of the country. The main purpose of the facility is to be able to establish an institute that ensures rapid education and learning opportunities to the deserving minds. The facilities are updated and modern, keeping in mind the changing times. The safety and security of the school are of utmost importance, and no expense is spared in ensuring the same. This includes the complete responsibilities of the students as they take trips both within and outside the country to represent the school in various events.