Founded in the year 1963, Kendriya Vidyalaya, also known as KVS, is a coeducational CBSE school. The school had humble beginnings and was called ‘Central School’. There are nearly 1,225 Kendriya Vidyalaya schools all over the country. The main objective of this outreach is to help the children of government employees to be able to enjoy an ‘uninterrupted’ source of education to whichever remote locations they have to travel to. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India takes care of the branches.
Tuition is free for single girl children from class IX onwards. The children of the school staff and the SC/ST have access to free education in the institute across all branches of the institute. Once again, Kendriya Vidyalaya admissions have started for the year 2020-21. Let us go through the Kendriya Vidhyalaya admission process in detail.
What are the Important Dates for KV Admissions 2020?
Release of Admission notifications:
The final week of February.
Online registration of class 1 admission:
Fist week of March to last week of March.
Registration for class 2 onwards:
First week of April to second week.
Registration for KV students for Class XI:
After 10 days of the 10th board result declaration.
As for the non-KV students, the admissions will be granted only if seats are remaining after all the other criteria have been filled and completed.
What are the Special Categories:
For Kendriya Vidyalaya admission, seats are divided into 5 categories and children are given admission in the given order of preference.
- Central Government employee children
- Children of Army and ex-army personal
- Children of government employee
- Single Girl child quota
- Self-employed personnel
Details for KVS Admission 2020-2021:
Following is the link for online admission form: https://kvsonlineadmission.in
For Class 1:
Admission to class 1 takes place under 2 phases.
- Total of 40 seats are available per section for the admissions to the class 1
- 15% reservation is available for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates.
- As per RTE provisions 25% which will be filled by the process of the drawing lots from applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer).
After the completion of the admissions procedure, according to Phase I, the students take admission according to the priority category system. In case there are a few seats available in the SC/ST quota, the remaining seats will be filled by giving admission to SC/ST students.
For Classes 2–8:
Kendriya Vidyalaya admission for class 2 to class 8 does not conduct any entrance test or exams. The admission procedure occurs according to the priority category system, as mentioned above.
In case of more number of applicants as compared to the available seats, the lottery system will come to play for each of the existing category of admission criteria including the ‘Single girl child’ seat as well.
For Class 9:
- Kendriya Vidyalaya admission for class 9 is based on an entrance test. Test consists questions on English, Hindi, Maths, Social Science and Science.
- The total marks for each subject: 20 marks each and 100 marks total.
- There is a separate merit list for each category of the priority system.
- The students take admission according to the priority based on the merit list.
Admission Details for Class 11:
Admission is granted in class 11 only in case of vacancy after admitting students from that KV school, neighboring KVs. Non KV children will be given admission on the same criteria.
The criteria for the admissions to class 11 is based on the marks achieved in class 10th exams.
- Minimum of 55% marks – Science
- Minimum of 50% marks – Commerce
- Humanities- Students belonging to the Kendriya Vidyalaya schools across the country with a qualifying percentage in class 10th boards.
What are the Documents Required?
- Birth Certificate: for Class I, issued by a valid authority.
- Transfer certificate: For class 9th onwards
- Residence proof: For all cases.
- Caste certificate: SC/ST/EWS/OBC/BPL
- Service Certificate required: For the admissions under the ‘priority category system.’
- Proof of relationship of the child’s parents with members of the parliament: For grandchildren of members of the parliament, PSU employees.
- Proof of the relationship of the child’s parents with KVS employee: For the grandchildren of an ex-KVS employee or still in service.
- Certificate from civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre: For Handicapped Children
- A certificate of retirement– For ex- uniformed defence employee
What is the Application Fee?
- The registration is free
- The application forms can be personally collected from the principal’s office
- The online admission forms are also available and can be checked.
Address: KVS, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi- 110016
Phone No: 011-26858570, 26512579
Email Commissioner: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org