Mumbai has some of the best colleges in the country. Saint Xavier’s College, Mumbai is known for its amazing Science and Humanities faculty and IIT Bombay is known as one of India’s top institutions. Similarly, HR College, Mumbai is one of India’s best colleges for the commerce stream.
Address: 123, Dinshaw Vacha Rd, Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020
Motto: Prosperity Through Commerce
Principal: Dr Pooja Ramchandani
Type: Junior and Degree College
Number of students: 6000+
- The mission of the college is to:
- Provide excellence in commerce and business education at the under-graduate and post-graduate levels.
- Pursue knowledge through holistic education in academic and extra-curricular activities
- Develop strong personal values
- Address the evolving needs of business and industry.
- Emphasize theory and practice
- Give the breadth of knowledge and the depth of experience to students
- Providing meaningful contributions to career and community
HR College of Commerce and Economics is one of the best colleges in Mumbai. It has amazing infrastructural facilities that it provides to its student. Some of them include:
- Video Conferencing Facility
- HRythimic Sound and Recording Studio
- High-Resolution Photography Studio
- Digital library and Research Centre
- Commerce and Management Research Centre
HR College of Commerce and Economics offers some of the best courses to its students. It conducts lectures at the Junior College, Senior College, Post-Graduate level and Doctoral level.
The subjects offered at the Junior college level include:
- Environmental education
- Physical education
The subjects offered at the Senior college level include:
The subjects offered at the Post-graduate level include:
- Advanced Accounting
- Banking and Insurance
The subjects offered at the Doctorate level include:
- PhD in Business Economics
- PhD in Business Policy and Administration
The college also hosts many other events and fests that bring together not only its own students, but also students of colleges in and around Mumbai. Some of the fests hosted by HR College of Commerce and Economics include:
- Naandi – a fest that involves events conducted in Marathi
- Litfest – a fest that revolves around English literature
- Pottermania – a fest that has many events, activities and stalls related to Harry Potter and other details
The college has also received many awards for its pursuit to impart academic knowledge to its students. Some of the awards that it has received include:
- Best College Award, 2010-2011 by University of Mumbai
- College with Potential for Excellence, 2016 by University Grants Commission
- Innovation Award, 2015 by the Higher Education Forum
HR College of Commerce and Economics has many committees that are devoted to making student life better and memorable. Some of the committees that the college has includes:
The placement cell is dedicated to providing job placements to students with good companies. Some of the companies that students get placed at include pwc, Deutsche Bank, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, J.P. Morgan, Tata Capital, etc.
The special cell of the college is dedicated to providing support to special children and children with learning difficulties. The Degree College Special Cell conducts lectures and tests for ATKT students in coordination with teachers, to clear their doubts as well as guide and help them in subjects which students tend to have the most problems
The college has a strict anti-ragging policy so that no student will ever regret their college days and students only leave the college with happy memories. For this, the college has an anti-ragging cell where students can complain if they have been subject to harassment by any other person. The cell takes swift action against anyone who is found breaching the college’s code of conduct regarding the anti-ragging rules that have been set.
College Grievance Redressed Cell (CGRC)
HR College of Commerce and Economics also has a College Grievance Redressed Cell where students can convey any grievances that they have to the college.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell
The college has an Entrepreneurship Development Cell that it uses to provide funding to budding entrepreneurs. It finances the students after the students pitch a convincing idea to them.
The college has a strict admission procedure that it follows based on government guidelines. Admissions are provided to students of all faiths. However, the college has reserved some seats for students belonging to the Sindhi minority.
The college is government-aided, which is the reason why the fees that students have to pay is not very high. The junior college fees details are mentioned below
|SSC Board||Other Board|
The fees for the other courses are:
- BMS – 17,862
- B.Com – 18,162
- M.Com – 14,772
- B.M.M. – 17,862
- B.Voc – 5,662
The eligibility criteria that students need to fulfil at different levels include –
- Junior College – Students need to finish their 10th standard at the state board or any other recognized board.
- Degree College – Students need to complete their 12th standard at the state board or any other recognized board.
- Post-graduation level – Students need to get a Bachelors degree or its equivalent from a recognized board
- Doctorate level – Students need to get a Masters degree or its equivalent from a recognized board
Being one of the best colleges in Mumbai, it has attracted many bright students who have gone on to become extremely successful. Some of its alumni include:
- Varun Dhawan, actor
- Sooraj Barjatya, film director
- Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman of Aditya Birla Group
- Piyush Goyal, Politician & Union Cabinet Minister