Bishop Cotton School is one of the best boarding schools in India for boys. With its rich heritage, it is the best place for shaping young boys into bright, responsible and smart men. Classes run from grade 3 to 12th. The school has produced army officers, ambassadors, judges, ministers, and politicians. Bishop Cotton School admission process is a comprehensive and well defined.
Admissions are open at Bishop Cotton School for the academic session 2020-2021.
Admission forms for Bishop Cotton School, Shimla are now available at the school office.
- All registered students participate in the entrance procedure. Admission is based on merit in the written examination, and vacancy. The merit criteria also have points from the Student Information Form which the parents have to fill. Regular admissions take place from class 3rd to 5th. Admissions in grade 8, 9 and 11th do not take place under the regular process. They can only happen in case of a vacancy, and the registration must be made under special request. The boy must outshine in the entrance exam, as the vacancies are as low as 2.
- Registered students appear for the entrance which involves half an hour tests in English, Mathematics, Science and General Awareness. Moreover, there are reading assessments, verbal and non-verbal assessments to check whether the child can cope with life in The Bishop Cotton School. There is no set syllabus for the entrance. However, parents are sent a FRAME OF REFERENCE for the class in which admission is applied.
- The test takes place on the first weekend of September in Shimla and on the second weekend in Delhi. The reporting time at the exam centre is 9:00 am.
1. Bishop Cotton School admission forms are available at the school office. The postal address is Headmaster Bishop Cotton School, Shimla 171002, Himachal Pradesh.
Charges of Rs. 1500/- is paid through DD in favour of “The Headmaster, Bishop Cotton School” payable at Shimla/RTGS in the following bank accounts.
A) A/C NAME- Headmaster, Bishop Cotton School
CURRENT A/C NO- 19710200000001
BANK- UCO bank, Bishop Cotton School, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
B) A/C NAME- Bishop Cotton School
BANK- HDFC bank, New Shimla
CURRENT A/C NO- 50200039445899
Note:- Please verify the details for the DD from the school’s official website.
2. The admission form should be duly filled and submitted at the School Office with a registration fee of 10,000.
After the application process is complete, the applicant’s parents will receive a formal call letter of the date of entrance/interview.
- The one time, non-refundable Admission fee:
Students domiciled in India and Nepal: 65,000
Overseas students: 100,000
- Caution money of 3,00,000 which the school refunds at the time of leaving the school.
a. Classes III to X: Rs. 5,30,000.00 Rs. 8,72,000
b. Classes XI & XII: Rs. 5,65,000.00 Rs. 8,72,000
- Pocket money
(Classes 3-5): Rs. 5,000.00 to be deposited along with the fees
(Classes 6-12): Rs.10,000.00 is to be deposited in the UCO Bank, Extension Counter in the boy’s personal account, through the House Master/Matron on the day of joining.
Contact No.: (0177) 2620880